Smart shade system for automated shading and lighting control
Ready to get started?Find a Rep
Need shade cloth samples?Order Free Swatches
Why Choose SolarTrac 4.0?
Using Mecho’s proprietary algorithms, SolarTrac 4.0 predicts the sun’s position based on date, time, building GPS location, and window orientation. Rooftop radiometers monitor real-time sky conditions to determine smart shade positions based on real-time weather conditions. Manage more than 1,000 shade zones in any commercial shade project, from multi-story buildings to an entire campus or enterprise. With SolarTrac 4.0 you can analyze and control a comprehensive automated shading system or use manual override on individual roller shades or shade zones.
Smart Shade System Integration, Compatibility and User Friendly Controls
SolarTrac 4.0 is a BACNet certified system compatible with all major building automation systems. Supporting smart phone access, the PC-based program accommodates up to 100 simultaneous users. Use the browser interface to navigate between floors, zones, and smart shade motors. Display an interactive floor plan for visibility of all commercial shade zones and motors, checking status or overriding positions when needed. The automatic shade system’s self-diagnostics alert potential maintenance needs, and custom zone and motor settings can be easily configured.
Maximize Daylight, Optimize Seasonal Building Performance
Utilize the smart shade system to automatically control roller shades and other window treatments on a minute-by-minute basis. Minimizing solar gain in summer and optimizing natural light in winter, Solar Trac 4.0 delivers sustainable automated shades while benefiting the wellness of building occupants. This smart shade solution has been designed to maximize natural daylight while preserving window views, increase energy efficiency, and improve building energy management to provide an innovative commercial shade solution for optimized building performance.
All SolarTrac hardware and electronics is covered by a 5-year warranty from the date of shipment, guaranteeing 100% replacement and no depreciation over the life of the warrantyFULL WARRANTY DETAILS
Industry Recognized Awards
- NeoCon Innovation Award
- EXC!TE Award for Excellence in Custom Installation Technologies and Products
- 2009 Best of Category for Controls, Daylight Integration and Systems at the LFI Innovation Awards
When you want the best, work with the best. The best work with Mecho.
Function and Features
Watch SolarTrac 4.0 in action in this timelapse video at Mecho HQ.
SolarTrac 4.0 Features
- SolarTrac 4.0 adjusts shades based on proprietary algorithms that precisely predict the sun’s position based on date, time, building GPS location, and glass façade orientation for automated shading and lighting control
- Rooftop radiometers assist to determine live conditions, adjusting shades to preserve daylight
- Energy savings up to 70% in lighting costs with automated shading systems
- Reduce solar heat gain and decrease demands on HVAC systems
- Alleviate solar glare to improve the environment for building occupants
- Automated window shades can help contribute to your building's LEED and WELL certification
- System self-diagnostics alert users of potential maintenance needs
Automated Shade Parts + Accessories
Mecho's AC and DC shade motors provide the shade lift needed for large and small projects. ElectroShade motors seamlessly integrate with wireless, remote control automation systems for complete solar control
Choose from hundreds of shade cloths in different colors, openness factors and width to meet any window design or solar control demand
When shading demand calls for complete blackout, Mecho's blackout channels eliminate light leaks at shade edges for complete privacy and light blockage
Mecho's ElectroPocket is a UL certified, prewired pocket with snap-together fittings for quick, easy connections and shade installation reducing the need for expensive and extensive electrician time