UrbanShade® Manual & Motorized Shade Systems
A versatile commercial roller shade for any project
Ready to get started?Find a Rep
Need shade cloth samples?Order Free Swatches
Why Choose UrbanShade?
Increase motorized shading opportunities with UrbanShades' quiet, ultra-reliable embedded battery motor. Embedded battery operated window shades feature a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery that eliminates wiring for installers and provides convenience for users.
Embedded battery operated motorized window shades, easy to install, flexible to control!
- Wireless – Embedded battery operated solar shades utilize RTS protocol
- Quiet operation
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Redesigned, improved motorhead
- Removable charging cable (sold separately)
- Smooth motion with adjustable speed control
- ESD immunity
- Simple voice control using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
EMBEDDED BATTERY MOTOR QUICK PROGRAMMING GUIDE
Compact, Versatile Design
UrbanShade systems are engineered to provide flexible design configurations needed to allow natural daylight into a building and preserve outside views while blocking unwanted solar heat gain and glare. UrbanShade daylight control systems grow with your business and are an easy entry into commercial shade systems for any industry, including corporate, education, healthcare, and hospitality.
Available in a single or double shade configuration with either manual or motorized lift options. UrbanShade incorporates any of Mecho's hundreds of proprietary solar shade cloths to provide an aesthetically pleasing, complete solar control solution.
Manual window shades offer a smooth and reliable lift experience with a simple, continuous bead chain, making our commercial window shades easy to raise and lower.
Motorized shade systems feature performance-proven shade motors and a variety of control options perfect for precision control of occupant comfort and building performance.
The system is easily re-configured in the field as a project's needs and budget changes. UrbanShade can be converted from a manual system to a motorized system by merely removing the face of the clutch and replacing the manual control head with a motorized control head. The best part: re-configuring does not require a new fabric band.
For easy, fast, and inexpensive installation, UrbanShade features innovative universal mounting brackets allowing shades to be mounted to the wall, window jamb, or ceiling. Depending on design requirements, UrbanShade features interchangeable left- and right drive brackets. The prefabricated cassette option makes installation easy by leveling and attaching to the window.
Cradle to Cradle Certified Shade System
When installed with EcoVeil, EcoSheer, or AcoustiVeil commercial shade cloth, the UrbanShade window shade system is a complete solution with Cradle to Cradle Bronze certification. This can also contribute points toward a building's LEED or WELL certification.
CRADLE TO CRADLE CERTIFICATION DETAILS
UrbanShade manual and motorized solar control systems are engineered to provide years of worry-free operation and are covered by a 10-year warranty on hardware and a 5-year warranty on motors, batteries, and controls. This ensures 100% replacement with no depreciation over the life of the warranty.
When you want the best, work with the best. The best work with Mecho.
- Sturdy, heavy-duty steel support brackets with ultra-durable composite housing
- Allows for shades up to 9' wide by 11' high (depending on fabric weight)
- 10-year warranty on hardware, 5-year warranty on motors, batteries, and controls
- Field upgradable – Universal mounting brackets for easy on-site reconfiguration from manual to motorized shades
- Interchangeable left- and right-drive brackets
- Optional prefabricated cassette for fast installation
- SnapLoc spline enables easy shade cloth removal and maintenance
- Incorporates the same high-performing solar fabrics as Mecho’s larger systems
- Integrated, interchangeable components
- Small edge clearance to reduce light leaks
- Sleek, refined, unobtrusive profile
- Offset manual drive chain, drops behind the fascia for a clean look and silent operation
- Chain retainer is WCMA child safety compliant
- Optional motorized controls:
- wireless RTS switch, remotes, and automation
- hard-wired low-voltage
- dry-contact daisy-chained switch
- Integration via MechoNet
Roller Shade Options + Accessories
- Mounting Brackets
Various compatible brackets options available in single and dual
- ShadeLoc Side Channels
Side and sill channels ensure precise light gap control for audio-visual and environmental illumination needs
Compact dual shade solutions that support both light-filtering and room-darkening commercial shade cloth on the same dual roller shade bracket
Single drive bracket smoothly raises and lowers multiple shade bands in one movement
- Pocket Options
Concealed pockets for single and dual roller shade applications
- Snaploc Fascia
Hides shade assembly and adds an architectural element
INNOVATIVE DESIGN. TRUSTED PERFORMANCE.
Mecho partners with the best in the industry. Don't just take our word for it!View Our Case Studies
Mecho delivers the best shading solutions for a healthier environment.View Our Sustainable Efforts